A cyberattack is a scary event. It can shut down a business, cripple a government, and even incapacitate an entire country if the right measures aren’t taken to prevent it from happening.
THIS HALLOWEEN, WE BRING YOU EIGHT SPOOKY CYBERSECURITY STATISTICS THAT EMPHASIZE THE DANGERS OF CYBER THREATS AND URGE YOU TO PREPARE FOR THE WORST.
- 54% of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) say their I.T. departments are not sophisticated enough to handle advanced cyberattacks. (Sophos)
- As of February 2022, there were 8.77 million new pieces of malware circulating the Internet of Things (IoT) and mobile app stores. (AV-TEST)
- A ransomware attack takes place against a business every 14 seconds. (Cybersecurity Ventures)
- 91% of SMBs haven’t purchased cyber liability insurance, despite awareness of risk and the likelihood that they would be unable to recover from an attack. (Cybersecurity Magazine)
- Almost 89.7% of US businesses saw at least one successful cyberattack within a 12-month period. (CyberEdge Group)
- 53% of business leaders agree that remote work has made it much easier for hackers and cybercriminals to take advantage of them. (Norton)
- 50% of data breach incidents involve phishing and social engineering. (Trustwave)
- On average, only 5% of companies’ folders are properly safeguarded. (Varonis)
A large number of organizations still remain unprepared for a cyberattack – please be proactive and prepare now by contacting us – we can implement multi-factor authentication, roll out company-wide security training campaigns, and implement policies and procedures to help you keep your business and sensitive data protected.